Panagiotis “Takis” Mitropoulos, Ph.D., P.E.
Department of Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering
J.R. Filanc Construction Engineering & Management Program
- Operations design for Productivity Improvement and Accident Prevention
- Lean Construction
- Project Controls: Planning/Scheduling, Cost Controls, Construction Claims
- Teamwork & Organizational Learning
Operations Analysis Consultant
- Developed systems to measure, analyze and improve field productivity
- Developed and implemented learning systems to improve the safety of field operations
- Analyzed, negotiated and resolved change orders and claims
Lean Construction Training and Implementation
- Trained project personnel and facility maintenance personnel in Lean construction
- Implemented the Last Planner System to improve production planning and control
- Facilitated the development of phase schedules
Process Improvement Specialist, DPR Construction, Inc.
Developed systems to improve productivity, safety and project controls:
- Trained field personnel in productivity improvement methods
- Developed performance metrics for company’s Critical Success Factors
- Trained project personnel in project controls
- Developed project procedures for semiconductor projects
- Designed and managed workers’ involvement programs on large projects
- Organized the Customer Satisfaction feedback program
- Conducted accident root cause analyses.